Many things interest me, but you must prioritise areas that you actively keep a closer eye on for research and possible development. Nothing stands still. Purists may describe matters as multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary or transdisciplinary. I prefer to say ‘look at the wider picture and liberally apply where suited’. The role, position and activity of communications is not far from my heart, however!
My research interests fall into these broad categories:
- Communications (health communications, business communications, media communications & technological communications)
- International business (internationalization, globalization, cultural activities and presence, start-up and growth development)
- Language (English as a Lingua Franca (ELF) and its variants such as BELF, media usage, presentation)
- Marketing (diverse activities, export marketing, SME marketing)
- Public Relations (PR, corporate communications, internal communications, marketing communications)
…and other areas within media, archives and business can feature too!
please get in touch and let’s discuss!
Here is a current (-ish) list of some of present and most-recent research activities. Health issues mean that I am presently running at significantly lower power, but am slowly getting things done!
- Aarticles for doctoral thesis concerning issues related to early-stage companies and their use of social media/public relations for internationalisation activities, with a particular focus on Finnish healthtech sector.
- .Ongoing book project: Public relations and export marketing.
- Pre-publication review and post-publication reviews of scientific papers within the business and communications realm (profile)
Concluded/submitted pending publication
- Headword “Sweden” in “The SAGE International Encyclopedia of Mass Media and Society” (tbd/2019).